1.20.2009

Box Office Hit?

"Notorious" was my pick for number one in the box office this past weekend, but when I go to "http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/" and I look at the first line I don't see "Notorious" I see a movie by the name of " Paul Blart: Mall Cop". Now I'm not sure, but I could be wrong, but didn't "Notorious" have a lot more hype than "Paul Blart"! I can only imagine how much of a waste of money that movie is. Next I look at the number 2 spot hoping that it would be there, but yet again I'm wrong when i see "Grand Torino". Now I'm sure this movie is great and blah blah blah but I mean C'mon America the movie has been out for 6 weeks now and a movie about one of the best rappers of all time cant beat it opening weekend?! I know rap doesn't have an amazing following to make much money but I honestly thought it would be enough to get in the top three! Yes I said it! "Notorious" couldn't even break the top 3! What may you ask made the third spot? That's right, "My Bloody Valentine" That movie was probably horrible but it had a catch factor that caught the eye of a lot of people. so it being number three doesn't really surprise me much, but to beat Biggy. Now that just is plain pitiful. Then finally my eyes wonder down to the number 4 spot where I finally see "Notorious". Now I'm actually made about this, Some people didn't think it was amazing like I did, but I thought most people at least thought it was good... Guess I was wrong. At least "Hotel For Dogs" didn't beat it, because then I'd give up on movies for ever. But one thing that I thought about is the fact that the movie is rated "R" so maybe just maybe the younger audience bought tickets for one movie then saw "Notorious". Well that's I hope at least.


{Song for the day- "Knock, Knock"- Bobby Valentino}

1 comment:

  1. Notorious wasn't number 1 because it was rated R. I know personally I got carded along with some other homies when we went 2 go see it and i dont have a id so we had 2 buy tickets for Unborn instead and just went into Notorious..i heard from quite a few people that when they saw Notorious they saw a lot of people asking for Mall cop and then going to see Notorious instead so the rankings are kind of a lie.

    ReplyDelete

 

blog counters