1.27.2009

Is 9 months the same as 25 years?

Two incidents.  Same state.  Same city.  Same crimes.  Perpetrators aged the same.  Victims aged the same.  No prior serious offenses for either perp. Pretty similar cases, right?
In each, a 17-year-old had sex multiple times with a 14-year-old.  But in one case the perpetrator faces felony charges and up to 25 years in prison, while the other charge is a misdemeanor whose maximum sentence is 9 months.
Now its test time so get your paper and pencil ready, one of the perps is a male, while the other is a female.  Now the question is who got the higher charge? The male or the female?
Good! you guessed right I hope!  That's right the male is facing the felony charge and up to 25 years in jail for the same exact crime a Female did who is only getting a misdemeanor charge and up to 9 months in jail!
Assistant District Attorney Jim Haasch said " the cases are different because Guthrie's boyfriend is "almost 15," with a birthday in February. Jepsen's girlfriend turns 15 in April."
Well I don't know much about the law but I'm pretty sure that "almost" does not make it ok.  If the speed limit is 35 mph and I'm going 40 mph I cant tell the cop that I'm "almost" going the speed limit and then he will let me off. I do wish it worked like that though. Hopefully they realize just how un-fair this really is and fixes it before it creates bigger problems. 
I don't know what race the male is but I do know the female is white. Maybe that has something to do with all of this? Ill try and find out the race of the male since that can play an even bigger role in this sexism, I really hope he is white, because if he is black then I'm calling racism and last time I checked we have a black man as president. Racism is over guys! Remember that!

(COMPLETE sarcasm for the slow ones who thought I was just serious)


{Mr. Dennison's song of the day is "Ready To Fall"- Keri Hilson feat NeYo}

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blog counters