1.14.2009

A True Gentleman Appreciates the Beautiful

One undying characteristic of the archetypal Gentleman is his appreciation and passion for the aesthetically pleasing. Forgive my rudeness, I've reached my second post without introducing myself. I'd have you know me as Hugo Riche, and it's my pleasure to bring you news on what's beautiful, clean, and most importantly, tasteful.

I'd like to start with a quick look at one of my favorite designs, Openhouse, designed in 2007 by XTEN Architecture, situated in Hollywood Hills, California.

Openhouse's extensive use of windows blurs the boundries between indoor and out, allowing sunlight to permeate the building at all hours of the day. The building takes full advantage of the agreeable California weather in integrating the indoor and outdoor spaces.

But the building is not just open to the natural beauty of it's environment. It looks down on the iconic city of Los Angeles, providing a stunning view of the city's night lights. In essence, this house begs to be entertained in, the large deck space, swimming pool and hot tub, and open planning lend themselves well to both casual and formal affairs, and with a view that's sure to impress. At the time of this post, Openhouse is for sale for eight and one quarter million dollars.

I hope I've impressed upon you what my future updates will look like. I'd like to revisit this house in depth sometime in the future, once we've been better acquainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blog counters